Position: Sales Engineer
Company: Destiny Solutions
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Start Date: Immediate
Status: Full-Time Permanent
Destiny Solutions is looking to expand our team with a Sales Engineer / Pre-Sales Solutions Architect where you will serve as the subject matter expert for development of prospective customer accounts. Interacting with key players and senior administrators of the leading colleges and universities in North America, you will match their key business drivers to the capabilities of the Destiny One solution. You will be integral in the product diligence process, determining fit and making the business case for Destiny One. Your business knowledge, technical expertise as well as your creative problem solving will allow you to effectively present tailored demonstrations of how Destiny One can increase a school’s market share, business process efficiency, and operational integrity.
Ideally based in Toronto, the Sales Engineer is committed to customer engagements throughout North America. We would also entertain exceptional applicants for other locations.
Destiny Solutions is transforming how North American universities and colleges engage and manage “non-traditional” students and curriculum. Destiny One, the premier lifelong learning business solution, is a higher education software system designed to forge, manage and cultivate lifelong student relationships and is the most complete, agile and trusted business solution on the market. Destiny One transforms traditional administrative systems so educators can grow revenue; enhance student experience and success, while improving operational efficiency. Our customers represent the market leaders in continuing education and lifelong learning. Some of our clients include Stanford, Duke, Penn State, Georgetown, NYU and the University of Toronto.
Destiny Solutions is a team of “A Players”, experts at what we do, striving for excellence and innovation. Our team represent the best and brightest in the industry. We work together to amplify each other’s contributions, fostering a team of motivated and resourceful professionals. As we accelerate our growth we want to continue having our customers tell us that “we have the best people”.
- Be a subject matter expert on Destiny One – product, processes and best practices
- Lead the business discovery process with prospective customers; documenting their organization, practices, business and technical requirements through presentations, tailored demonstrations and technology discussions
- Analyze ambiguous and sometimes complex technical and organizational environments; understand data architecture, data models and business drivers to ultimately translate these into product use cases and processes
- Work collaboratively with marketing & sales to create collateral in language focused for higher education
- Participate in the response to RFPs and RFIs
- University Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or equivalent technical background and skills
- 5+ years’ experience in presales/consulting environment preferably within the application software industry
- Strong process development skills; ability to transform prospect requirements and current business processes into best practices
- Ability to lead brainstorming and interactive sessions with an audience of senior decision makers and executives
- Proven ability to improve relationships and performance between departments (i.e. sales, marketing, and R&D)
- Knowledge of web-based applications, deployment methods (including hosting), and J2EE related technologies
- Strong aptitude for learning new technical skills, including configuring demonstration environments deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Experience in higher-education software applications is desirable, although not a requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and interested in frequent short stay travel